Sunday 30 September 2012

Shit Spaghetti


In response to this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lmvX00TLY&feature=player_embedded

With any form of art, whether it be novels or films, there exists an 'experimental' genre which plays with the conventions of the medium. Often times, to fully appreciated, and distinguish the good from the bad, you need to be somewhat learned in the genre, and its history.

Great practitioners of experimental art is usually immensely talented. Picasso is able to paint almost picture perfect, but his talent truly shined when he started to 'experiment'. With enough prominence, experimental art moves into the mainstream, and dictates the progress of art.

I think it's dismissive to simply state that this performance piece is valueless (although it probably is). To someone like me, a plebeian, I'll just let time determine that for me. Even if i disagree, I'll still appreciate.

Great art is mostly appreciated in hindsight.

I think this'll be a great excuse if I create shit art, I'll be unapologetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment